Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

It is now that time of year where everyone is making their New Year's Resolutions.  I really don't do that anymore but it is a very hard habit to break.  The big one is ALWAYS to lose weight, go on a diet and that is just a given for me as it is every single day.  I've battled the weight monster most of my adult life and always will.  Of course I will give into the NYR thing by admitting that I will make it my #1 resolution.  I've already talked to my trainer and expressed the desire to lose at least 50 pounds by June, June 4 to be exact when I hit the double-nickel age, 55.  50 pounds first and then we will see where I want to go after that.  I think it is an attainable thing and something I can focus on.  That means that even though I get up 5 days a week to work out that I will have to add something.  Egad!  Not sure how that will work but I will work it.  I need a plan for sure.  Probably an extra day of cardio on top of the muscle work that is Tuesday - Thursday.

Another issue is food.  I changed so much about what and how I eat but apparently it is not enough, but enough to keep me at the same weight no matter what exercise I do.  So the meal plan is the next step.  I hate to grocery shop and I love to cook yet I hate the process of trying to plan the meals.  After 35 years of doing it I'm tired of planning.  I want someone else to do it for me because I've lost all will power in that department.  I know that is not something that will happen so I have to get myself together and make it work!  The only "diet" that I have ever stayed on and lost weight on successfully is Weight Watchers but this point crap is not for me.  I'm old school, 3 ounces of tuna old school.  I don't have time or the patience to log food.  Hmmm, that would be where I should probably start but when I try I will usually stop.  Maybe my new phone can help me in that regard.  It has apps and stuff to help with the tracking of food.  This is the most difficult thing I have ever done is the food intake and I definitely need help somehow but not sure how to do it. 

For Christmas one of the gifts I gave to the hubby is a signed contract to extend the "one night a week" dance class to expire December 25, 2011.  He was pleased and it is my concession to him and to support him in his new found passion.  Maybe I can broker a deal with the food thing.  Put him in charge of my food but he can eat all kinds of stuff and pretty much stay the same and dating him some 36 years ago is where this roller coaster started.  He ate stuff I had never dreamed of, fast food, and it was my downfall.  I have actually given up on the fast food stuff.  I may fall once in awhile but probably only ate fast food 3 times all year last year. 

So here are my New Year's Resolutions:
  • Up exercise, food diary, lose 50 pounds by June 4, 2011
  • Find another art class to take including the one I'm already involved in.  Paint more!
  • Blog everyday for the year...(let's see how that one goes!)
See simple stuff but the focus I must make!  How about you.  What are your struggles this next year.  Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  Good Luck!

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

ditto the weight loss. For me I think if I ate more healthy foods I would drop weight. As far as the blogging I think I will make mine about 3-4 times a week.

Anonymous said...

I'm still working on mine. I do want to blog more, on both blogs. I need to look at my bucket list and work on that.

Flea said...

Good for you! I'm not a NYR girl, but I amd starting Body For Life next Monday with a friend. Lifting and cardio, along with the food. No counting or logging. But something's gotta give, ya know?

Debbie said...

I also hate planning the meals. I love to cook but hate trying to incorporate everyone's pickiness!