Friday, July 15, 2011

Pre-Op

Yesterday was pre-op visit for Daddy.  I met Bro and Daddy at the hospital for the appointment.  I parked at least 1/4 of a mile away, in the over 100 degree heat but I didn't mind the walk at all.  Just as I approached the "free" valet parking they pulled up, just in time.  We found registration and then it was time to fill out tons of paperwork and wait.  Finally, lots of questions and a bit of blood, 8 vials, and a chest x-ray, we were done.  I went my way and they went theirs.  The first thing I needed to do was call the Dr.'s office to give them my phone number as Daddy can't hear a thing since one of his hearing aids is in the shop for repair and the other is no help at all.  He refers all of the phone calls to me anyway.  I call the office and was routed to three different departments before I found someone who wanted my info.  "Oh, by the way," the lady says, "do you realize that there is a note here that a bill has been sent to collections."  Wrong thing to say to me.  I went off on her a bit telling her that it has been paid and that I didn't appreciate them doing that as he was in the hospital and they didn't forward the stupid bill to me....blah, blah, blah.  I know she was just the scheduling lady but I was not happy.  I rue the day we actually have to go to his office and deal with the ladies.  Ooooooo!  I am now just praying that Daddy's blood tests all show that his surgery is a go.  I hope it is not put off at all.  Please everyone keep Daddy in your prayers, that all goes well and we can move past this horrible time in his life. 

3 comments:

Kay said...

I will certainly keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. It's such a hard time.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You and your Father are on the prayer list.

Janie B said...

Hope all goes well.