Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Hot One

This was yet another hot weekend here in Oklahoma and probably we will have another month of hot.  It will be momentary and then fall will be upon us before we know it.  I don't mind the hot really, embracing Oklahoma summers.  I say that but I'm also not one of those who works outside either so take that statement with that in mind. 

I just got the phone call from the hip doctor's office and surgery is a go for tomorrow.  We check in 1:30 and surgery will probably start anywhere from 2-5 pm, like last time.  I didn't leave the hospital last time till nearly 9 pm.  Daddy's anxious but ready and so are we.  I hope and pray that all goes well this time and he will be back on his feet in a mere few days! 

Finished yet another book this weekend.  It was called Deep Down True by Juliette Fay.  It was one of the bargain books I picked up when our Border's closed down.  400 pages and I couldn't put it down.  It wasn't a murder mystery or anything but about a divorced woman trying to find her life with the ex-husband and his new life and her two kiddos.  She had the troubled niece move in also to add to the mix.  Really a nice summer book to read.  I liked the way Miss Fay wrote and plan on reading more of her stuff.  I've truly been on a reading binge this summer which is usually the case but am doing double time because I'm listening to books in the car also.  So my spare time I'm filling that reading list. 

Toodles all.  I hope to have a hopeful update on the surgery Wednesday.  Thanks friends, all of you who read my blog. 

4 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

It certainly has been hot here! I try to stay out of the heat as much as possible. It just totally zaps my energy. I'll be praying for you all tomorrow.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

I'll be thinking of your dad and you tomorrow!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry! We've been hearing about the awful heat you've all been getting. I sure hope your air conditioner is in tip top shape. I'll be thinking about you and your dad.