Sunday, March 06, 2011

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

The sun is streaming through my room this morning and I'm just pecking away at the keys of my laptop here to find something to write about.  I love sunshine!  The warmth alone is fabulous.  I close my eyes and face directly into the beam through the window and know I'm soaking up the vitamin D and warmth.  I could sit here all day long and enjoy it like a cat taking a sun bath.  Hey, maybe I should roll around on the carpet. 

Seriously folks, it is Sunday morning and we are home this weekend.  We went briefly to the cabin and enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends Friday night but came back to go to the flea market and hang at home.  Sometimes you just have too.  The Hubby is at this moment clearing out his closet.  Trying to find places to put all his stuff because we were told by the contractor that the current bathroom/closets would be gone by the end of the week.  The sledge hammer will begin to demolish what we have known these past 5 years and we will move into the new phase of construction!  I'm very excited for sure.  It is moving along so much faster than we anticipated and I'm very happy about that. 

Later on today I will start the walk/jog stuff in the neighborhood, when it warms up a bit.  Next weekend is the 5K and I find I am not ready.  Oh, a 5K is easy for me on the treadmill but put me on asphalt and my shins start screaming.  I tried the other night and laid in bed later thinking I must be crazy.  I was trying to find ways to back out of the 5K.  What have I gotten myself into.  I know I can do it but I live in fear that they will tell me that you can ONLY run, no walking allowed.  It is the weird I know but that is me.  I'm sure it will be fine but I'm a bit scared and that little bit of fear of the unknown is what has held me back in a lot of stuff in my life.  I just have to have faith it will be alright and forge ahead.  I can't shut mysef in the house and stuff my head under a blanket.  Life is life and full steam ahead.  Do you think it is working?  Am I talking myself into be okay?  I certainly hope so.  Onward all!  To Life!  Head'em up, move'em out!  Move along little doggies!  No pain, no gain! 

4 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

I find it different, more difficult, to run off the treadmill than on - I don't know if it's because of the terrain-you have to watch for uphill, rocks, grass, then dirt, then asphalt (where I can run besides the gym at Lake J). So I know what you mean!

Good Luck with that 5K and the renovations! :-D

Kay said...

I was walking with my husband on the sidewalk down a hill and the area on the side of my Achilles tendon started to hurt. It took a couple of days to heal. Take care...

Janie B said...

I feel the same way about sunshine. Love it! Live for it! Hate gloomy days. Good luck with your 5K. I'm going to do that someday, I hope. My knee is still healing from whatever I did to it, but I hope to get out there soon. Be careful. Shin splints hurt!

Briana Shepley said...

YOU'LL DO GREAT! I certainly won't be able to run the whole thing as many people won't so don't even worry about it! You've been preparing harder than I have so you've got nothing to worry about. I like running outside because I love to see the changing scenery! Look at the positives of it and it'll change your outlook on it and not make it as scary! YOU CAN DO IT!