Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Daddy and My Life

I'm not even sure how to title this post but of course it is about Daddy.  Yesterday I was determined to get up early and head to his hospital room to catch the doctor.  I was sitting in the chair while Daddy snored right at 6:10 and there I sat until 8:10 when he finally graced the doorway.  Poor Daddy was not feeling well and was in and out of it.  He's not as good as Monday.  The doc was the assistant in the operating room but I like him!  He said that they would be moving Daddy to a special care hospital which happened late yesterday afternoon.  He felt around on Daddy's legs and he's starting to get a pressure wound on his calf because he has yet to get up out of bed.  Not good.  Eating is an issue too as he only wants to drink his Ensure's.  On Monday he was eating his muffin and banana.  Now he's got back up problems which they fix with other things which causes messy problems which causes them to move him which causes him pain which puts him in the shape he is in now.  I'm tired this morning already. 

To top off the day, I had called to refill 3 of my prescriptions and thought I had better go inside to pick them up instead of the drive thru.  I know I messed up on the Allegra as it is now over the counter so I needed to have a chat, but I needed my thyroid meds as I have 3 pills left.  The pharmacy tech said that my doctor office DENIED the refills.  ALL THREE OF THEM!  What is the deal.  It has NOT been over a year since I have seen my doctor and they gave no reason for the denial.  Oh my gosh, now I have to deal with the incompetents in his office today.  I need a vacation!  I did get to paint in class today...whew.

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm so sorry about your father.

Kelly said...

I am sorry for your daddy and for you. I know it is rough on a daddy's girl. God bless y'all.
Kelly

Kay said...

I can identify with the feelings of worry for our parents. I know your dad is really appreciating your caring and love.