Friday, July 10, 2009

What time is it?

After a nice dinner with The Hubby last night of In The Raw sushi and 2 cosmos I was ready for bed last night. I actually made it to the last 5 minutes of The Fashion Show, just in time to see who was leaving then it was off to sand land for me. The next thing I knew the television was off but the one in the living room was still blaring and the lights were on. I thought The Hubby was nice getting this morning and didn't wake me. I laid in bed looking at the glow in the hallway and made myself wake up to get on with the day. I got up, walked to the bathroom by the clock and then ... WAIT... what time is it...2:22 a.m. What the HELL! I went on to the bathroom then trodded into the living room to find The Hubby snoring away on the couch with the television, on an infomercial. I turned the TV down, cranked the lights to very low and went back to bed. The bad thing was that I had worked to wake myself up so it was over an hour before I could drop off again. Man, when the TV/alarm went off I was not ready. Yet, here I am up and running. B is out of town this weekend, left yesterday. She and her friend are set up at the Woody Guthrie Festival to sell their wares of Sheezkrafty. This is a special time for her as four years ago she met B2 or as she calls the man, The Mister. I have worked a bunch this week but that is okay as it is the first of the month and there is a lot to do.

I took the entire day off Wednesday to work on my next painting. I had to decide what I wanted to do. I drew for nearly 3 hours and think I've got it, I hope. What do you think.

6 comments:

Flea said...

It's looking pretty good. :)

I hate that - waking in the middle of the night and taking forever to settle down again. Ugh.

Char said...

that looks like it's going to be a gorgeous painting. I love the composition.

Kay said...

I just really enjoy your creations taking shape. This is going to be fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Awesome - sorry to hear about the middle of the night wake up.... that sucks!

Susan said...

The only thing worse is waking up and not knowing what day it is. Your painting will be beautiful, I'm sure.

Mary said...

Wonderful drawing! I wish I could do that. I've always been able to "copy" other art work, but not draw from real life.