Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 1 at BlogHer'09

We awoke early and rushed to shower and get our minds together for Day 1 at BlogHer'09. Finally, ready to hit the day with breakfast and the onslaught of fellow bloggers we have started our day with the Newbie breakfast and chit chat and the exchange of cards. Then we did the ring-around-the rosie kind of thing around the enormous room with more chit chat and exchange of cards. It was really very interesting exchange. Now we are in a breakout room about how much is too much to post on your blogs. Quite an array of subjects and really makes you think how much you truly want to share on your blogs. I've had these thoughts flying around my head about my children, The Hubby and family members. I know there are lines to draw but basically there is not much I won't share here because this is MY place and my FORUM to share anything I want. I OWN this spot, it is mine, it is my voice, but I do respect my family and friends. I've been known to go off but not often and I do pull back. What's the difference in writing a real tell all book and this, really. It is publishing. What do paper wise writers do about this stuff. I would imagine it is where they take it to the fiction area, but there you still are faced with where the real person sees themselves in the fictional person and still gets angry. You can't really win here can you. These discussions really, really thought provoking and I think could go on all day long.

3 comments:

Char said...

sounds like great advice in the groups

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I feel pretty possessive about my space also.

Unknown said...

cant wait to hear all about it....