Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Old Grind

There is just nothing like getting back into the old grind, again. I so don't like a routine, yet I love it. I'm so torn by wanting to just do what I want, run on the spur of things, just everyday is a different plan, yet, I love to have the same-old, same-old thing happen. ICK! We're up at the same time everyday, in fact, on weekends I have a hard time sleeping in. The Hubby has the same oatmeal for his breakfast every single day, without fail, ICK! It is the same clink of the bowl, the same coughs and hacks, the same TV show, same, same, same. How boring my life has become, yet how comfortable it has become. Should I embrace it or should I run from it. Well, after 33 years of marriage and 53 years of life, I think I should embrace it, don't you think. I think I am embracing it but with a few changes in my life. My idea of responsibility has changed and I'm letting some of that stuff go, or at least relaxing a bit of it, like my high school class crap. I know we are to have a 35 class reunion, but I'm NOT doing it, I don't want to. I will not go to dance classes with The Hubby, because I don't want to! I have rejoined a bowling league. I am totally embracing my artistic side with my painting class. That is the one thing that has truly made me excited lately. I am almost giddy when I get to spend time painting and drawing. Truly amazing myself with it. I think I've finally developed the confidence in myself to let it out in my art. I was so introverted and scared of my own shadow that it kept itself bottled up inside. The art in me has finally be able to be exposed and I LOVE IT!

6 comments:

Char said...

I'm glad you're embracing your art - I think your painting is wonderful.

I also think we all get bored with our lives and routine, and yes, sometimes even our comfort zone. We do need to challenge - but we need to know we have a soft place to fall if we need it.

Unknown said...

Good for you Carla, you go girlfriend. When I moved here at 39yrs old, I took the same road. If I don't like it or want to do it, then I don't. The Hubster has the same philosophy and so most of the time it works out just fine.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I have loved watching you change and grow.

As a young gal you are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Carla...lovely post...a bowling league-that sounds like fun...one day i will reclaim my life

lagirl/sweet tea said...

I think one of the advantages of being "a certain age" is learning how to say "No" to what you don't want to do and "Yes" to things you perhaps wouldn't have had the guts to do earlier in your life...It's great to find one's passion and "just do it", as the Nike people say...It's also good to be "comfortable" with your routine and the ones who love you.

GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I only wish I was as artistic as you!!! :)