Monday, July 13, 2009

List of stuff accomplished

This weekend I accomplished a lot for me. We didn't go to the cabin but stayed in town, as I previously posted, to go to The Hubby's junior high reunion. Saturday we got up and milled around the house reading the paper, checking emails and just moving around slowly. My plan for the day was pretty simple, visit Daddy and go through old pictures, wash my car and shop for birthday presents at one of my new places to shop, Canterbury Lane Gifts. They were having a huge sale so I took full advantage and spent close to $300 and got several birthday gifts. I accomplished my plans for the day. The day was also spent at my Daddy's going through old pictures. You see, my Sis will turn 50 on Saturday, July 18 and her hubby is planning a party. I've been asked to make a PowerPoint of pictures with music, sure... "Calling B, I need help!" This is kind of monumental thing because she never expected to make it to 50. Poor Sis was born with a few heart defects. They always told her that she may have to have a valve replaced and the holes in her heart fixed (she developed more as she aged.) She had one child, a beautiful girl and then tried to get pregnant again, having a miscarriage early. They told her that she was getting worse and probably should not get pregnant again. So she had her tubes tied. About a year later I got a call from her..."Hey, guess what? I'm pregnant!" I was stunned and just could not wrap my head around it. Apparently when her OB/GYN did the surgery there was a lot of scar tissue and she had the nerve to say that she was afraid of that. What the...my Sis was not supposed to have another child. It was supposed to be though because we got the most wonderful little boy ever out of the deal. He is the only grandson for my parents and an absolute jewel. A few months after he was born Sis had her first open heart surgery then about 3 months later was life-flighted to the hospital because of a clot and opened up again. So you see, turning 50 is a huge thing for her. Long story short, I spent 5 hours with Daddy going through old pictures and ended up taking tons home to scan. I even took home the wedding album, hmmm, may not return that for quite a while....

Yesterday I did the laundry, we watched a couple of movies, scanned pictures and did a little drawing...what do you think.....................

This is Sis. Isn't she a doll, literally.

Here we are with Daddy. He built the white fence. I have tons of memories in this house.
Check out the multi-layered bell bottoms that Mother made for us! We were stylin'!

You may get tired of seeing my art stuff but I am amazing myself. I knew I had a little talent, and I mean a little but the stuff that is coming out is just amazing me. I guess it sometimes takes a little maturity to refine. This is an old pic of my 2nd cousin Danny who passed away a few years back.

7 comments:

Char said...

happy birthday to your sister!!! (mine is the day before)

and you are very talented.

Kay said...

You are very talented, Carla and you were all adorable.

Flea said...

I love the photos - most especially the bell bottoms! And your art work is coming along beautifully. You SHOULD be impressed with yourself!

lagirl/sweet Tea said...

What a story your sister has.
CELEBRATE BIG!!!
Lots of reasons to "kick up your heels".

Great art work!!

donna baker said...

What a blessing for your sister-family really is all there is.

Nancy said...

Wow, what a special event you all will share on Saturday. Your sister and her children are certainly a blessing. I'm so glad you have had these special years to create a bond only sisters that love each other can know.

Your artwork of your father is amazing, too.

Debbie said...

Great photos. Those bell bottoms win the prize, though!