Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another one bites the dust.

Another bites the dust. What that means is I have lost yet another bird. My parakeet, Pat, has passed. I came home today and she was in the bottom of the cage, dead. So now I am left with Trinity, the canary that I thought was a boy because she sings but, she/he lays eggs. The bugger may not be around much longer either if she does not quit laying eggs. I had to take 4 out of her grit cup yesterday. She has laid probably 20-25 eggs since February. She should be a chicken with that kind of production. She has laid so many that her feathers have fallen out on her bottom and back. I don't know what to do with her. She seems happy and will stop the constant egg laying habit occasionally. Oh well, it may be an pet-free household pretty soon.

4 comments:

Char said...

I didn't realize they lay that many eggs. That's a new and interesting fact.

I am so sorry about the loss of your bird.

Flea said...

What a bizarre bird. A female singing canary?

lagirl/sweet tea said...

Awwww. Poor birdie.
I'm sorry, Jill.

Unknown said...

Aww sorry you lost Pat and I did not know parakeets laid eggs!!