Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Sun is a Shining

Yes this morning the sun is a shining through my window. The weatherman promises that it will be 74 degrees today, close to 5 pm. I want it at noon today so I can piddle outside and not do anything in the house that I need to do. I promise that I will at least get the ornaments off of the tree and get the gigantic tree crammed into the tree bag to heft up into the attic (what was I thinking getting the mammoth tree.) I will put away all of my old world Santa's that are placed around the house and hopefully I won't miss one as I did last year. He just stayed where he was all year long gathering dust. I will take all of the ornaments and keep them in bags and boxes ready to put away but they will have to stay piled up until the new storage boxes I have ordered arrive. My old storage soft plastic, uh, bags, sort of, well, they have disintegrated. The stitching on the zippers and the plastic have just fallen apart. Besides, this year I will pack stuff a little more careful because when The Hubby helps me get it all down from the attic, well, he tosses and if I miss they fall. I had many broken ornaments and the ceramic tree that was my grandmother's got a chip in the bottom. That WON'T happen again, right Mr. Hubby! I will pack carefully because I have decided that if Christmas next year is like Christmas this year there is no point in putting it all out. I love to have everyone here but it has evolved to going to everyone else's house. I don't like it but it is the changing life we live.

I am always complaining that I need some alone time and the past few days I have gotten my wish. We stayed home from the cabin this past 4 day holiday weekend and since he goes to the office I'm left here at home all by myself. I'm not sure how good that is because, frankly I'm pretty bored. I could clean out a closet, take Christmas down, get a head start on gathering up tax crap, bake, or even read but I don't. I have played on this stupid computer for two straight days, blogging, reading blogs, journal, and playing ClubPOGO. Maybe I needed to just do it and nothing else. Anyway, it is done, the days are past and this is a new day. I will do this post, read a few and then TURN IT OFF! At least that is the game plan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good holiday and we all need some time to just be bummps on logs I figure!!

Unknown said...

We took all our decorations done except the lights around the house 2 days ago. I adore Christmas, but it was actually quite a relief.

We used to stuff them all in bags, but last year we invested They were on sale) in some of those flat boxes for baubles that slide under a bed and those large plastic boxes with lids for the rest. We keep it all in our storm cellar and it's made it not only spider proof but so much easier too.

Enjoy the 74, the cold front is heading your way!

Kay said...

It's good to get a little rest before running into the new year. Good luck with the cleaning.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, about taking down the Christmas tree. For some reason I just could-not-make-myself get to it, though I REALLY wanted it taken down badly. I had a dental appointment the other day and came home to find that my husband had taken the tree down. I tell ya IT WAS A MIRACLE!! I have promised myself not to nag him about anything for at least a couple of days!!...BTW, I have lived my entire life in Okla until 5 yrs ago when we relocated to Louisiana because of a job change. Most of my family still lives there...Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

wasnt saturday just a beautiful day! we spent it at my moms doing Christmas with our whole family...

I have all my decorations down all that is left is to take apart the tree YAY