Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just thought I had the day off!

I just thought I had the day off, yet here I sit behind this desk. The sleet-ice-mess has hit! So far the phone has not started ringing off the wall like last year with the ice storm. The news said that there were over 600 AEP-PSO customers without power but so far not our customers! The Hubby called most of the employees and told them to stay home, including B&B2. When I realized The Hubby was getting ready this morning I jumped out of bed and threw clothes on, without the luxury of a shower to come into the shop. The Hubby was already out of the shower and half-way dressed and I knew he would need assistance at the office so here I am stinky and ready for action. Pen poised at the ready!!! The drive in this morning was kind of eerie. The roads didn't have any marks to let you know you were in the lane. They were white with the sleet that covered the layer of ice. Our tires crunched all the way here, passing just a few other brave souls out on the roads. Actually, when I had to get out to walk inside my UGGs handled the walk well. The sleet topping made for a little traction so I had no fear of falling. I've read my paper, done the crossword, the Sudoku, sent out an email generator quote, paid a few bills and now I'm blogging. Yesterday I was so bored before I left to doodling on the notebook I brought. Wish I had brought my drawing tablet but didn't and didn't think about it today...

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you all made it in safely to work! It's so nasty outside!!

Be careful today. I hope you find plenty of things to do to keep you busy. Are you on Facebook? If you aren't then you should. You'll be busy for HOURS! LOL!

Debbie said...

Wow. You have some mad art skills!

Unknown said...

awesome doodle!!!!
stay warm and safe in this mess!

Unknown said...

Shouldn't you be writing?!?! Glad you made it in safe, I am still in my PJ's in he warm!

Country Girl said...

Nice of you to help out the hubby. Keep warm.