Monday, January 12, 2009

Slight correction

Slight correction about the previous post. So funny. It made me sound like I had a gigantic house with three fireplaces but I was remiss. We had a fire in the fireplace inside, one in a pot-bellied stove on the screened in porch and a huge one in the fire pit outside. The guys huddled around the one outside smoking cigars while we girls danced and stayed very warm around the one inside. It was an awesome party and I'm still receiving emails to that effect. YEAH!

This morning I roused myself out a nice warm bed and wonderful deep sleep to squeeze into the workout clothes and hit the Jazzercise floor. It was a good workout and I continued with my food plan today. I had my oatmeal for breakfast, a protein bar for snack, and Slim-Fast for Lunch. I meant to grab an orange juice for a mid-afternoon snack as I knew I would be running but of course forgot it. I was at the office after everyone left trying to spruce up a couple of chapters of a young adult novel I wrote several years ago. I needed to tweek it a bit to share at the writers group tonight. Rushing home I wolfed down some of the leftover veggie soup I made for the weekend party with a cheese sandwich and then I was out the door. I know it is not just real good but at least I ate fairly sensible for the day. Tomorrow is another day.

The writers group was awesome. I was ripped apart and I LOVED it. I needed to have the critique to make me grow as a writer. I know I am very lacking which is why I'm in the group and taking the writing classes in the next couple of months. It's kind of scary though with the published authors in the group, but I welcome the hits and will learn from it.

Now, tomorrow I begin my art-painting class. I finished getting the rest of my supplies today and was surprised that I had most of them anyway. I forgot that I had quite a stash at the cabin so I brought them home. Now I will need to decide what I am going to paint. The lady at the supply store told me that I would get to decide what I wanted to paint so I decided I would go through my photos. I've taken a lot of pictures that I have wanted to put on canvas, hopefully successfully. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so excited for you about your classes. Be sure to let us know what you are working on.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wow, your a busy, active lady :)
Good for you....
I'm not sure if it's just this time of the year, when it's natural to slow down, and let life just ramble along, or what, but i seem to be in a slump lately.
Could be just getting over the holidays, and need a little "me" time.
Somedays, I just want to head up to the mountains, and hide out in one of those log cabins, and enjoy the beauty of nature, preferably with a nice bottle of wine :)

Dawn said...

I love taking different classes. GOod for you!