Friday, January 16, 2009

Early Weekend

Yesterday, Thursday I had the opportunity to do payroll early and come to the cabin for a girl’s weekend. It was a chance to be with some "new" friends like my therapist suggested. The Hubby was perfectly happy for me to come up here although I’m not I hear it in his voice for sure but that’s okay because I am here! We went to Sin’s cabin for one of her friend’s birthday celebration with a few other ladies and I had the best time. We ate cheese enchiladas, tortilla soup and taco salad and LOTS of champagne and wine. I brought my IPOD over as Sin’s had mostly country and they wanted to dance. I have over 6,500 songs on my IPOD and a lot of dance, sing-along and disco. We danced and laughed and had wonderful moments of woman bonding. I so needed this and I found some awesome women that I did not know and hope to know much better. Thank you Harri and Sin!
Also, last night when I finally rolled in to hit the hat about 11:30 there was a message from The Hubby. A, in California has found a car. When she was home for Christmas The Hubby and her went out car shopping to help her know what to look for in a new car. Hers is about crap out and I don’t want a call at 3 in the morning that she has broken down on a California freeway somewhere with us in Oklahoma. She found one last night and that meant we needed to do some shuffling of some money so she could write a check for it. So, this morning after breakfast, or should I say brunch, I hit the phone lines, land lines to The Hubby, A and the bank to get the money churning. Finally done I told A she needed to get the ball rolling for her insurance as she did not want to drive off the car lot and be hit because she would then be S.O.L. So now I’m getting calls from her while the insurance person is on the other line trying to get it all squared away. Oh, she also remembered she needed to finish her online traffic school class for a ticket she got. “Uh, Honey, you need to finish that BEFORE you talk insurance so the rates won’t be so very, very high.” “Huh,” she says. My heads is now hitting the table. Whew, grown kids. They will always be learning, I still am.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am laughing about the traffic school/insurance timing. Bless her heart!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Kids. What do you do with them. Mine is only 10 but I'm dreading ...

Debbie said...

Yes. I wonder if we will ever feel like they are truly "done".

(M)ary said...

well, i guess the only way to learn is to live!!