Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Bacon Fat

Do I have your attention!!!

Yes that is bacon fat or grease. 
I love to use bacon grease to cook for other people and yesterday was one of those wonderful days to smell bacon grease.  It was the Memorial Day breakfast at the lake place and I was asked to cook an egg casserole, I offered two. 
I have lost the recipe that I use many years ago so it is just a feel when I put it together.  So here it goes:
Eggs...at least a dozen if not more.

Scramble the eggs in a little bacon grease, no milk, just eggs.
When done, add sour cream to moist, probably 1/2 to 1 cup and crumble the bacon into it.  You could probably add sausage, chopped green onions, or even blanched chopped asparagus...yum.

Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese on top, lots of it. 
Put it in the fridge overnight to set but on this occasion I didn't and it worked out just fine.
Anyway, then bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 20-50 minutes to melt cheese and get hot. 

Yummy stuff with a little picante or salsa.

2 comments:

Char said...

oh man, that sounds good

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is some recipe. I also like to use bacon grease to cook eggs. Not often but every once in a while.