Thursday, May 06, 2010

Gallary Show

Friends...family...life...love...I don't know what is the matter with me today but I'm definitely down in the dumps.  Feeling kind of lonely again and really shouldn't but can't help it.  This too shall pass, as my Momma used to say!
Last night B and I went to the 5x5 show at the Tulsa Art Coalition gallary.  We both had pieces in the show.  Mine was the one I called Shadows...We got there about 5 minutes before the doors opened and joined the line and when the doors opened it was a crush to get to the favorites.  The backup was three to five deep with people on one side just to try and get glimpses of the pieces.  I found mine pretty quick and B's was close by.  To support the show we both found ones to purchase which took another 15 minutes of waiting in line.  B was a little closed in so she waited outside and then went to Lola's to get us a table and order me a Cosmo!  After a quick burger and drink we went back after the crowd thinned out to see if our paintings had been snatched up yet.  Alas, they weren't but while standing there and chatting with a few people and having another look-see B's collage was purchased, right under our noses.  I was so very happy for her but I was definitely hurt that mine still hung without a home.  Actually, there were several still homeless and since the sale will continue for a couple more weeks I'm sure it will find a nice cozy wall to accent.  I won't lie...I was jealeous and depressed that mine was not loved immediately but I will get over it.  Probably why I'm down in the dumps this morning. 

I have to let all know that I will be out of pocket for a few days.  Something exciting is happening but I will need to share at a later date.  I will have pictures and words to share then but know that I may not be here for a few so don't forget about me. 

5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I don't blame you for feeling a little down. Hanging a painting up for sale is kind of like hanging your ego up on the wall.
I don't think that I could handle it at all.
Thanks for being real.

Mamarazzi said...

i would feel the same way and i totally agree with Yogi it is like hanging your ego on the wall or even like putting your soul out there for judgment. i seriously could't handle it...i am WAY too sensitive.

i think you are also brave for being so honest with how you feel about it.

Anonymous said...

I understand how you must have felt in the waiting.

Janie B said...

I had the same thing happen to me once, and I felt the same way. It's tough to put yourself out there and not be appreciated.

Carma Sez said...

Been there with the art show thingy. I have a friend who is a professional and I would exhibit my pieces in the same shows. Very depressing :-( Probably why I got away from doing the shows.

Can't wait to learn more about what you are up to!