Monday, May 31, 2010

McLinky Monday: Why Do I Blog

The McLinky Monday question of the day from the RHOK is Why Do I Blog!  Interesting question and actually I am asked that a lot by people who have no idea what a blog is or even what a website is (scary.)   My first blog was June 28, 2006.  It was 3 months after my best friend passed away very suddenly, I turned 50, my mother was dying, we moved and became empty nesters.  I had a lot going on then and needed to vent somehow.  I have journaled for years and years and so blogging was the next step for me.  I like to write.  I'm not necessarily good at it but I like to write.  Writing gives me a good outlet to express and before it just stayed between me, myself and I.  Blogging is me, myself, I and the world!  I like that.  I like an audience, even though it is somewhat a hidden audience.  Back to June of '06, I was in deep depression and total sadness and the blogging helped me to vent and let out some of it, still does.  I blog to let the world know a little about me.  I blog for my health, my mental health.  I blog because I have found friends, never meet kind of friends sometimes but I like that too.  I have always been a big letter writer.  I even have a pen pal that I have written too since I was about 15 years old...I'm 54...you do the math.  I blog because in a way I feel not so lost in this world.  Blogging is fun and I encourage anyone to do it.  I blog!

7 comments:

Char said...

funny, i started my current blog due to depression - it helps.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Interesting. I also have a need to write although I don't do it as well as you do.

Robin said...

oooh had penpals!! 3 or 4

ThatsBaloney said...

That's a long time to have a pen pal! Writing really is therapeutic for so many of us.
Thanks for linking up with The RHOK again!
~Mrs. Priss

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Yep-I know what you mean having the need to write -even if it isn't always "perfect" writing. Blogging can be quite cathartic though-And it is always nice to connect to people :)

Kellyology said...

"I blog because in a way I feel not so lost in this world." Me too girlfriend. Me too.

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

I am glad you blog!! This has been a fun and almost private MckLinky!! Thanks for sharing and linking up! BTW, have you met your Pen Pal IRL? ♥Mrs. Hart♥