Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ramblings

This is a picture from my car of the drive home from the cabin.  Isn't it nice.  I love the clouds and green and the curve of the road.  I may have to paint it.  I'm looking forward to the Memorial Day weekend and traveling their again.  Hope we have a nice weekend.  This morning I was reminded on Facebook from our local news channel, KTUL8 about the Memorial Day flood and when it was.  I remember it very well, 1984.  It was my 10th class reunion in Broken Arrow at Indian Springs Country Club.  We were living in north Tulsa at the time and could not make it back home, ending up spending the night at my parents.  It was a very tragic time and changed the way Tulsa handled flooding and Tulsa became a model city with dealing with flooding. 

Today I'm staying home, at least most of the day with Clayton.  We are having the front of the house landscaped and so yesterday was jackhammers and backhoes and tree removal.  It freaked poor Clayton out with the noise and he spent most of the day shivering and hiding in my closet.  Poor little guy.  Today they are pouring concrete and forming the new sidewalk and front porch.  I will have lots of pictures of the before and after later. 

I also plan on painting a bit today.  I have to get ready as there is a new gallery (actually I think it has been there a while and drive by it every day but never noticed it) called the Savage Art Gallery and the group I belong to has the opportunity to be the opening show in July.  We can put four paintings any size in, gallery wrapped(?).  I'm so new to this that I don't really know what that is exactly but will find out.  It's exciting and I hope it goes better than the 5x5 show.  My painting did not sell.  Boo Hoo.  Oh well.

4 comments:

Territory Mom said...

I love the photo, beautiful Oklahoma!!! I checked out her daughter's blog, love it, started following it, added her to my blog list on my sewing blog. She looks young. I bet your son-in-law went to school with my husband's niece and nephew. email me. Oh, can't wait to hear about Savage Gallery.

Carma Sez said...

when I hear "art show" it always brings up bad memories about my pieces that never sold either *sighs* Good luck with this one.

BTW, I think you mean "gallery" with an "ery" - I don't mean to correct but I just wanted to let you know...

Janie B said...

Very exciting to get another chance to sell your work. Good luck!

Flea said...

So where's Savage? I'm told there's a nice new art gallery on the corner of 81st and Yale, the same corner as the Food Pyramid. Same one? I need to get my OK table in someplace.