Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ready for Home!

Today was an interesting day, after two days of The Hubby attending classes at the Lightfair International convention today was my turn at the trade show.  It was the vendor day where we got to visit with tons, I mean TONS of vendors from all over the world in the Las Vegas Convention center.  This place makes the Quik Trip Center in Tulsa look like a shack...HUGE!!!!!   I have spent the past couple of days by myself and lots of slot machines and was pretty happy.  I was actually up $632 dollars the very first day and now only about $400.  Today I was the good wife and followed The Hubby around that monster building from about 10:30 to 1:30 and then I told him I was done!  Found a corner and waited another couple of hours for him to finish.  My poor aching feet.  It's a good thing I have been getting plenty of practice on the treadmill otherwise I would be in trouble.  While walking around though I found that this was truly an international trade show.  The accents were varied from Chinese, Japanese, Russian (lots), Australian, and even Italian.  Speaking of Italian there were three young men in Italian suits, longish, shaggy hair, bodies and faces, YUMMY!  I really wanted an opportunity to have my picture taken with these gorgeous young ones but that was not to happen!  Speaking of taking pictures, we were at one booth and there was a huge sign for you to take a picture, any picture of their booth and upload it to their Facebook, Twitter or even a YouTube website and you would have a chance for an IPad.  The sales people were urging it so I took a couple of snapshots and was standing there with my shutdown camera while The Hubby was checking out the booth when a burly block of a security guy came up to me and firmly said no pictures, no camera, "OKAY!"  Oh no I said, shaking.  You see if it is against the rules in any way and I break that rule, I ALWAYS, always get caught.  It never fails.  The girl helping us was shocked.  Oh well, I uploaded them.  :)  You have to know that if you are with me you will almost always have to wait in line that does not move, even if it is the shortest.  You will always have to walk to the last gate of the airport when you are with me.  I am just that lucky! 

The whole time here The Hubby and I have seen two Cirque du Solei shows, Zumanity and Ka and a dance thing called JABBAWOCKEEZ that won season 1 of America's Best Dance Crew.  The best thing was Ka...amazing, absolutely amazing. 

Lots of food, walking and noise, I'm ready for home.  Tomorrow we fly home and I can not wait.  It has been 15 years or so since I've been here and I really don't want to come back. 

5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a strange rule. NO pictures in this age where every cell phone is also a camera. What is it going to hurt.

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Looks like you had so much fun! May you blessed with many more fun & fabulous days :)

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Sounds like a lot going on! I know what you mean about the no pic. taking rule and getting caught. 1time I was taking pics at the Philbrook (after I asked if it was ok -they said it was if I don't use the flash)so, I had the flash off but,IDK if there is still some kind of light from my camera or something ??cause sure enough a burly security guy came up to me like I was a criminal and was like-Stop! -Kinda scary.

Kellyology said...

I LOVED Ka. I saw it a couple of years ago in Vegas. I'd see it again.

Char said...

sounds like a great time!