Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where's My...

Since Daddy has returned from his five month stay with his Sis and family the phone is constant.  He calls three to five times a week looking for something he can no longer find in his house.  I knew there were would be calls but for goodness sake when he first returned it was every single day looking for stuff I knew he didn't need or was broken or just plain too yucky to remain in his house.  We had calls for wire whisks, buckets, pruning shears, waffle irons, pan for his toaster oven and this week it was his Chili Bowl seasoning mix that was in the deep freeze.  Some things he has replaced or I have taken back because I took them never dreaming he would use them again.  The waffle iron we tossed because he never makes waffles as he buys the frozen ones, but on no he had to have one so he purchased a new one.  That is fine.  He pretty much accussed me of tossing out the chili mix, which I wouldn't at all so this morning I got my own stash of it and took it to him.  I also took back his pecans from his freezer which I was intending too anyway, I don't need them.  One of things he was missing was the pans for his toaster oven.  He has fretted over them for weeks now and was very upset that we got rid of them.  Well, this morning when I went over he informed me that his pans were in Arizona with his Sis.  They found them and are shipping them back.  See!  I didn't get rid of them.  Oh I know the calls will get better.  He will finally settle into his new digs and be happy but in the meantime it is driving me a bit bats.  This morning while over we went out side at 7:49 to 7:55 am to try and catch a glimpse of the shuttle passing over which didn't happen. 
Here he is showing me his garden.

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I had to smile. My MIL moved to town a year ago she still calls my wife on where is this that and the other accusing her of throwing stuff away. Stuff she hasn't used for years.

Janie B said...

Every time my daughter comes to visit, she cleans up after me. I can never find anything after she leaves. Ha!