Thursday, April 01, 2010

Inspiration and Compliments

I'm trying to find some inspiration to paint.  I have lots and lots of pictures to choose from but just can't seem to get myself to sit at home to paint.  I have some time this morning but just am not in the mood.  Hopefully this weekend, while The Hubby is at the Tulsa Swing Fling I can spend some time with a canvas.  I had a great time in class on Tuesday and feel that the painting is going well.  I have a few goals in this painting endeavor.  One, is that it relaxes me and makes me content.  Two, is that I am using my creative outlet.  Three is to make a little money, not much money, but a little.  My friend in class, who is an AWESOME artist, sold one of her paintings for $800 the other day.  YES!  That is what I want to do eventually, but ultimately I just love to do it.  Makes me get a warm feeling in my belly when I can cover a canvas and make it turn into something wonderful. 

Possible Paintings:



This one I've started on canvas but not sure of it yet.


Now to (2) compliment(s).  Last weekend while at the cabin on Friday night, sitting around a fire pit, a new cabinite asked how old my kids were.  I gladly told her 30 and 24.  She was stunned and could not believe I had children that old.  I was very appreciative of the compliment.  Last night it happened again at a night club that we went to after dance class.  We were sitting with three other couples from the class and I was having a discussion with one of the guys when he asked me if we had children and how old they were.  I again offered up the ages and he was visibly stunned.  He actually told me that he thought I was about 42...I'M 53!  I thanked him and my head grew with pride as I thanked my Mary Kay regimen of lotions over the years, working out and good eating!  Also, laughter and contintment with life helps. 

So I'm feeling pretty good about myself lately. 

2 comments:

Flea said...

I Love the windmill. And the fishing creel.

Briana Shepley said...

Windmill. Def.