Friday, April 23, 2010

Shopping, Wine, Blogging and Exercise

Yesterday B and I took off an hour early from work to hit the mall for some long needed shopping.  It has been eon's since we have done something like that and it was a blast.  We hit Woodland Hills Mall and I was very thankful for wearing tennis shoes.  The main objective was to find the Payless Shoes.  We entered the doors and began the walk around the upper floor and then the second floor.  On the way we stopped by Wet Seal and found sale racks with buy one get the next one for a penny, 1 cent!  That was great fun and it is fun for me to finally be able to buy regular clothes in a regular ladies store, not the fat lady store!  Yes, I said FAT, big ladies store.  Filling a bag we traveled on to Payless where I immediately took off the tennis shoes and tried on tons.  I am a shoe hater and haven't bought anything new in a few years so this was definitely different for me. 
I was on a mission for sandals and that is what I found.  It's funny.  I usually wear a 7 or 7-1/2 but found that in there I even wore 6-1/2 and the 7-1/2's way too large.  Weird, I think I've lost weight in my feet!  I got four pair of sandals and B got two.  We then headed over to Victora Secret for new bras and undies.  Unfortunately they only had one bra in my size.  DRAT!  Shirts, sandals and bras I was done.  (Earlier at home I also found my Real Housewives of Oklahoma t-shirts had arrived!)  By the end of our walk throughout the mall I so remembered why I really don't like shopping.  My knees were killing me from the hard floors and the stop and go and wait stance.   B and I were greatly in need of a drink before the Blogger Meet Up put together by Tasha Does Tulsa at Siegi's Sausage Factory in south Tulsa.  We stopped in where Paddy's used to be and I cannot remember the name but a glass of wine and mug of beer to top off the shopping and I was ready to meet people.  It was great fun to exchange blog cards and hear the speaker Erin Conrad.  B and I were the first to leave because we were pooped and to rush home and catch the Season Finale of Project Runway...priorities. 

This A.M though Clayton was anxious to get up and eat and pee and started in waking me up at 4 o'clock!  YIKES.  Well, since I was up I decided I couldn't talk myself out of exercising so off I went to meet W and do the treadmill thing.  2.7 miles at level 3.5 and 3.5 speed most of the time I amped it up this morning.  Had to work off the brauts from last night. 





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna go shopping with you! LOL

LOVE the RHOK tees i must get my order in!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've got to get me a pink rhok tshirt and some boxers. I was wanting to go to the meetup since we live nearby but son has strep and I didn't want to leave the wife plus it is survivor night.

Anonymous said...

My wife would love to shop like this. Now, her hip joints are sore most of the time so she just thinks about it.

ThatsBaloney said...

I missed the meetup for an Autism Center benefit. Drat.
LOVE the pink shirt - have one just like it! Come to a RHOK Out and we'll be twinkies. ;)