Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend of Fun!

The Oklahoma weather has finally become perfect so off I took for the cabin for some R&R with friends and nature. 

Some of the sights along my journey to our little slice of heaven...



Just a little further...around the bend...this is my favorite part of the drive...

When I arrived I was greeted with flowers and green in my yard...also lots of tall grass.

Grecian Windflowers

Japanese Keirra (my favorite)

and an old azaela that was covered by a tree that died and this year allowed it to bloom.

My dear friend Harri and I decided that we needed to go to Pryor Creek Nursery for mulch for our flowerbeds and possibly some of their awesome ferns.  We were not dissapointed and came home with much more, and no mulch.

Harri found this beautiful dogwood tree and just had to have it so we initiated my new car and filled to the brim...


There she is with her beautiful dogwood...




Now it was time to begin the digging and planting.  I got a few flowers, ferns, herbs and a couple of tomato plants.  I was so sore from Thursday's workout that I should have been wary of the ouchiness that was going to occur.  It was all worth it though
I'm a great gardner for taking a rest and the chair came in mighty handy.  When it all starts to take hold and look beautiful I'll have more pictures.  Enjoy everyone and have a great day...It's hammock time for me now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post makes it look like you are busy planting stuff. LOL

I am expecting two Paw Paw trees tomorrow or maybe Tuesday. Those are necessary for the Zebra Swallowtail Butterflies.

Carma Sez said...

quite a lovely journey...are you sure you picked up enough plants???? ;-)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love road trips!! Thanks for taking us along.