Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Words

Seems like the past few posts have been nothing but pictures and this is not a picture blog although I do love pictures. We have been back home for five days now and it just doesn't seem possible. We had the weekend to recover and sleep but it is extra hard to overcome jet lag when you're sick too. It is the funniest thing that while we were gone for two weeks and over 5 hours difference in time, that I still woke up at 4:30 or 5 every morning no matter what country or ship I was on or in. It seems that my body sleeps the adequate amount of time and I wake up. Very strange, but I still slept a lot on Saturday.

Saturday afternoon, after I woke up from my extended nap, I was laying around in my lounge clothes, hair in a rats nest, sleep in my eyes when then the doorbell rang. I answered and there were our friends KF and BB. A little background here...KF is The Hubby's oldest childhood friend. They have known each other since they were 5 years old. KF was married to Gail, our friend and yet another of The Hubby's oldest friends and my best friend. Gail passed away 3 years ago at the tender age of 49 very suddenly. About a year and a half ago The Hubby decided that it was time that KF started dating again so he setup KF with one of their high school classmates, BB. They are still dating and very happy and Saturday they showed us just how happy they are. I knew it was coming but not sure I'm ready for it. They are engaged. They are great together and very happy. Last fall we took a week trip to NYC with them and had a great time. They travel very well together and in fact leave on Friday for an Alaskan Cruise. I think that is wonderful for both of them. BB never had children but KF and Gail had a son and daughter and the daughter has two little girls so they have fun with the grandchildren too. I'm really glad for KF to find happiness again. I am truly happy for him. I will always miss Gail but hurray for the future of KF and BB.

2 comments:

Char said...

how beautiful - a second great love. that's wonderful

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a heartwarming love story....
I hope they will find much comfort and enjoyment in each other's company.

By the way...your pictures of Ireland were to say the least truly fantastic. Thanks for sharing, I hope you'll share more from the Emerald Isles....