Thursday, June 25, 2009

What can I say

Wow, what a sad day. First we lose Farrah and now MJ. The world is a much quieter place. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.


I've worked all day long on the scrapbook of our trip and I'm only halfway through. It's tough to try and cull out a few pictures out of over 500 for to make an impact. I spent from 10 am to 4 pm today cutting and pasting and I've only gotten to Dublin. I still have the 3 days spent there and then the 6 days from the ship. I HOPE, hope I finish it tomorrow. I'm on a mission to finish.


Yesterday I finally got to visit my Daddy since we've been back. I was sure that I was not contagious anymore so felt safe to see him. He's doing pretty well after the hip replacement and seems to be getting around fairly well. Bro said he's sleeping a little too much during the day and having a hard time sleeping at night. He's doing well with his physical therapist and but had a little glitch in his showering schedule. Something broke off in the shower but we were able to get our remodeler out there and fix it pretty quick. Daddy showed me the bill from the hospital for his surgery...WOW...over $62,000. Thank goodness he has insurance!


Tuesday I went back to my painting class and added some more touches to the potato picture. Hopefully I'll be through with it in the next couple of weeks. What do you think so far.

11 comments:

Char said...

wow, that painting is gorgeous. yes, thank god for insurance because without it, no american can afford to be sick. believe me, i know.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Glad to hear you went to visit with your dad, I wish him a full and speedy recovery.
Your painting is beautiful, you are talented !
I imagine those pictures will spend many a month on the coffee table :)

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, it makes me feel better after such a sad day.

Unknown said...

You're very talented Carla, the icture is great. So glad to hear about your Dad and yes thank god for insurance.

As Farrah and MJ, wow what a day we'll all remember. I was in the loo at the Art Institute in Chicago when someone shouted the news about MJ, I just couldn't believe it. Very sad, he's been the soundtrack to my life.

Kay said...

Wow! I'm very impressive with your painting. You are so good with the light and shadows.

I do remember how much work it is to go through a ton of photos and pick the best ones to display.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

$62K, wow.
Looks like another great painting coming.

Flea said...

So glad you're back. I love the photo so far. You're doing a fantastic job!

Susan said...

Glad you are back. The painting looks great. Are your pictures all digital? Do you have plans to print out hard copies? Just wondering, because I have to do that soon. Take care and hang in there.

Jill of All Trades said...

Susan, yes the pictures are digital. I really like the looks of film better but that is going to be a thing of the past. The ease of digital is awesome. I do print hard copies and save to a USB drive too and CD, just in case. Hate to lose them.

Ruth said...

Oh what a pretty basket of potatoes. I admire your skill.

I have so much work to do to sort my photos. I am too lazy about it.

Pamela said...

I really love the painting of the potato basket. What an interesting subject. You see still lifes (still lives?) of flowers and peaches and apples and pears and such all the time--but potatoes? There's such a "familiar" feel to it that doesn't come with other subjects.

And the execution great, too. Just great!