Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ireland

Well, we're here, and by the way this is my 600th post!!! The flights, yes I said flights, and there were three, were long and very tiring, but we are here all in one piece and I can blog. At least a little. The Hubby has already grouched at me not to hog this free Internet in case someone else wants to use it. I don't think that will be a problem as most of the people on this trip with us are over 65 years old. Somehow we are some of the youngest. We flew into Cincinnati, then New York and that layover was a little over 6 hours long. Then we finally boarded the Aire Lingus (spelling) for a 6 hour flight that seemed like an eternity. The plane was huge and I thought lucky to be seated next to the bathrooms. Boy was I wrong. The stupid hinge need some WD40 badly and drove The Hubby and myself crazy, open-close, open-close, open-close, all night long. Then the seats were like sitting on bricks. When we sat down I thought it was great we had our own little TV screens, but wait, I'm not that lucky. My kept rebooting up until 2 hours into the flight when they rebooted for the last time and it went blank. The Hubby's was working fine but he was asleep so I plugged my earphones into his jack and watched. Now my neck is killing me from leaning over to watch. I didn't sleep worth a hoot because of all the issues. We finally landed in beautiful Killarney and then had an hour and a half bus ride to Dunloe Castle Hotel. What an incredibly beautiful place we are staying. Right out our bedroom windows are the mountain/hills (not sure what the call them), and the rolling meadow is full of horses and cows. When I can I will have pictures. We were given a floor show in the meadow a little while ago. As I was standing and watching the beauty a stallion all of a sudden let out a loud manly whinny and ran up to a little lady and they did a little dance around each other and then BAM...a floor show. Wow! More later...

5 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks for posting this! I feel like I'm traveling with you. The discomforts are all part of travel and makes it even more real... for me that is. Those flights are the worst part, I'm afraid. Still... it makes it even more heavenly to arrive at your destination to see the wonderful sights you are experiencing.

Char said...

sorry your flight was so difficult - not fun...but now you're rewarded with all that beauty!!! :)

Unknown said...

Now you know why I haven't been home yet, I hate the flying part! You are in a very beautiful area, make the most of it. But also try and catch up on your sleep, you get jet-lag going that way, so you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

Unknown said...

How exciting-well okay maybe not the flights! I so happy for you that you are on this trip!!!! and a little envious! Have fun cant wait to hear more...

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Glad to hear you have arrived safe and sound.
A bit of an ordeal with the flight, but it will be worth it !
Have a wonderful time, Kiss the Blarney Stone for me, and oooh please have a little taste of a Guinness ;)