Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Quick Hello

This is just a quick hello to let everyone know a little of what's happening. Ireland is just beautiful and our hotel Castle Dunloe is magnificent. Yesterday we went around the Ring of Kerry and to a working sheep ranch and watched them sheer a sheep. The midges drove us crazy but the place was beautiful. I can't wait to get back to upload all the wonderful pictures we have taken and get a scrapbook together. Today we go to Muckross something. It is amazing that the sun rises at 5 am here but sunset is 11 pm. I love having daylight that much. Sleep is great too with our window open all night long. They don't have A/C and rightly so. I think tomorrow we leave for Dublin for a few days then on to London and catch the Queen Mary for the cruise home. We are having an awesome time and I can't wait to share more with everyone.

My father had his hip replacement surgery yesterday but the only info I have received so far is that it went well, he was in recovery and that his muscles were very tight but that he got through it quite well. I'm happy about that. I imagine that by the time we get home he should be well on the road to recovery.

Toodles my friends till later...Carla

5 comments:

Char said...

beautiful - can't wait to see the photographs. and I'm so happy to hear your father's surgery went well.

Unknown said...

So pleased to hear about your dad and that you're having a great time.

You never told me you were off to my hometown woman, you could have popped in on my mum for me LOL!!

I have only one thing that you absolutely MUST DO WITHOUT FAIL in London. Go on the London Eye, it's truly stunning and forget fear of heights, you barely know you're moving on it. If I had to pick a second it would be either a Thames River Cruise or the Tower of London. But most of all have fun!

Oh and soon you'll know exactly why I love OK and it's lack of traffic!!

Daryl said...

so glad he's on the mend .... and that you are having a perfectly wonderful time!

Debbie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are having a good time and that your dad's surgery went well. Good news is great:)

Kay said...

Thank goodness your dad is doing OK. It's so hard to be on the trip when you're worrying about someone. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.