Monday, June 29, 2009

Totally Forgot

You write it down. You remind yourself several times during the month. You look at the calendar over and over and still you forget. I totally forgot that yesterday was the anniversary of my first blog post 3 years ago. I can't believe it. So I'm doing a double today. Also, I'm so excited I just had to share...

My easel arrived today. I finally got my room all cleaned up and ready to set up an easel and it is now here. I was so very excited that one of my childhood dreams was to have an area to paint and now I do. Ta-Da...!!!

I immediately opened the box and assembled the thing and got all my stuff together. I started the Peaches picture last fall and have not done a thing to it since. So this afternoon I got everything just so, and painted for over an hour on the thing. I'm absolutely over the moon with joy. You just can't imagine how happy I am, really happy. Amazing. So happy anniversary to me.

Have more work to do on it. A mouth and nose might be nice.

7 comments:

Char said...

YAY!! happy happy anniversary.

and the painting is looking good

Kathy W said...

Well congrats Jill on your 3 year mark! I don't come up for my 3 years until October. Love the black kitty. =)

Susan said...

Happy anniversary! I read the last sentence too fast and thought it said it needed a "mouse" and a nose. Yikes, sorry for that image! Have fun, Susan

Debbie said...

It looks great! No wonder you are so excited.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congratulations on your 3 years. Keep us posted on your art. I love it.

Kay said...

Happy 3rd anniversary, Jill! I love your photo. I'll look forward to seeing it completed. It's got a rather piercing look without the nose and mouth.

Carma Sez said...

Did not realize that you painted. Lovely pic. I've "dabbled" for years. My husband built me an easel, but sadly it is now temporarily up in the attic. One day when I have time I'll set it up again and end my painting hiatus.

Oh, and enjoy your anniversary!