Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

There he is, Mondo the Wonder Dog, as B&B2 call him. I call him granddog. B&B2 have come to join us for the holiday weekend at the cabin and of course the little, uh...big boy is a part of the equation. He is so excited to be here, to run free and bark, bark, bark. He is the most vocal dog I have ever seen except for Bucky's Schnauzer, Jasmine who yodeled. Look at him sitting there. I just couldn't help but snap a pic of the little darling, resting his behind.

The floor is wet, not because of the several hour long rain but because we cleared off everything on the screened porch to wash the pollen off the floor. I was having problems just sitting there, choking and coughing as the pollen laden floor was stirred up. It's nice that we had help and it didn't take long. I was afraid I would have a horrible headache after we were through but I'm fine. It's too bad this is the last weekend we will be spending here until close to the end of June when we get back from our trip.

Now on to the clematis. I was reading up on my camera, a Cannon A620 PowerShot and realized that I can do macro on it. I also found out I could get lenses to help with that little task. So I am playing around with the lens and the little button that says macro. Fun I must say. May allow for some great pictures to paint.

I've had to stop the cleaning up process in my room for the weekend but I've made tons of progress in getting it done. Here is a before and sort of in between. I should have it clean spik-and-span by the end of the week, in time for my cleaning lady to put a spit polish on the floor that is not surprisingly dusty under all that junk. I have vowed to have it all done before we leave on our trip and I believe it will be done!

7 comments:

Susan said...

I had my camera a full year before I figured out I could take black and white and sepia with it. Check out that feature, it is so cool and artsy. Such a cute picture of the doggie, black dogs are hard to photograph and even harder to paint. As for the pollen, I opted for sweeping my deck daily to keep it down, talk about choking up. But the worst of that's over here. Enjoy your weekend, the cleaning and the upcoming trip. Take care, Susan.

Char said...

beautiful clementis! Our drawf gardenias are blooming and I'm so excited.

hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi! I saw your comment at a SITS site of the day and I thought your blog name was so cute I came over to say hi! I love your flower picture! I also am SO impressed with your cleaning process. That room looks like it is totally improving : ). Way to go! Hope the rest of your Memorial Day weekend is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oooh you have been busy cleaning and clearing, most impressed! He is a cutie pie sitting there resting his butt LOL. Love the macro shot too.

donna baker said...

Will you come to my house and help me clean. That is exactly the type of cleaning I need to do. Toss out, clean and rearrange. I just can't seem to find the drive to do it.

Kay said...

I'm feeling guilty here. I need to do some cleaning around here, too. We've got guests coming at the end of the week. Adorable dog! You are so much better than me about studying your camera and learning how to use it. I have to use a point and shoot.

Kathy W said...

Thats a great shot of your dog. He's a big baby. Don't you just love finding out new things you can do with your camera. I'm still working on taking decent Marco shots.