Monday, May 18, 2009

Ahhhhh

Ahhhhh, all's right with the world as of yesterday. The sun he was a shining bright and bold yesterday and promises to be there this week. I'm so very happy at that thought. Finally, yesterday afternoon we were able to get out in a flowerbed at the cabin where The Hubby took the stump out many weeks ago and plant. I was able to find a Japanese Kierra (rose japonica) and a flowering almond to put in its place. I also put in basil, lavender, sage, oh, and another I forget, plants. They may not make it but they smelled so good I just could not stand it. I then put down some English garden mixes and shade garden rolls of seeded carpet in the blank spaces. I'm not as good a gardener as I used to be. I tend to toss in the ground or even throw seeds and they seem to magically take hold. Last year was evidence of that with my giant zinnias that took over that little flowerbed. I have again planted them like that, the toss method, and they were up this weekend. My clematis bed is just lovely with huge flowers all over. Eventually, my little yard at the cabin will be what I want. Needless to say the little bit of weeding I did has activated my gardening butt muscles, OUCH!

4 comments:

Char said...

sounds gorgeous - I love an overgrown garden.

Kay said...

It all sounds divine. I'm looking forward to seeing photos once your babies begin to take off and do their own thing.

Flea said...

Isn't this sunshine to DIE for? I am loving it! Have fun gardening!

Debbie said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to photos too.