Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm not kidding

I'm not kidding about my mind lately. I feel like I'm in a haze lately. Last week I kept dropping things and I was forgetting all kinds of stuff at the office, not able to concentrate. I even left our paychecks laying on the desk, not remembering to go to the bank. I think I have figured it out though. In a bit The Hubby and I will be leaving for a vacation to Ireland for seven days then five days of the vacation traveling home will be on the Queen Mary II. It is going to be awesome but I'm not a good traveler. I am antsy and very unsure of it all. I am in fear all the time. We've been going on these trips with a group and it is the perfect way for me to travel and so The Hubby goes along, just to get me to go. He is the kind of guy to jump on a bicycle or moped and take off across the country. I'm not! I like to follow with the herd. Anyway, this trip has got me a little apprehensive. Packing, what to pack, pack for a couple of formal dinners, pack for swimming, pack for cool, pack for warm, pack reading, pack writing, pack, pack, pack. ARGHHHH!!!! Does take up a lot of brain space right now. I'm sure to have some great pictures and maybe some to paint.

9 comments:

Kay said...

I'm just like you, Jill. I am NOT a good traveler. I also get very antsy and nervous and scared about all the stuff that could go wrong. The idea of going to an unfamiliar place is spooky to me. However, once I'm on the trip, it's a whole lot of fun. It's just the BEFORE part of it I don't like. My husband on the other hand is all about the BEFORE. He loves the planning and anticipation.

We've always wanted to go to Ireland. It's on our list. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! Yahoo!

Anonymous said...

I haven't done an "Ask the Hippie" post in ages. I think you've just inspired one. :)

Dawn said...

I'm not sure I could figure out how and what to pack to visit another country! Good Luck!

I feel so bad we didn't actually get to meet Thursday night. There just wasn't enough time!!

Daniele said...

Sounds like a great trip! One of these days we will go, of course after the boys are grown an gone. I love packing but flying makes me a little apprehensive. I am with Dawn, I wish we would have got to meet the other night. We just need to do these nights every other month.

Flea said...

Makes sense as to your spaciness. Have a great trip, though!

Char said...

stress definitely effects the short term memory - hope it helps to have figured that out.

I'm so jealous of your trip but so happy for you too.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You will have to take lots of photographs and post them.

Ruth said...

Ha. I posted about my overactive mind yesterday.

Also, have you heard that "Mercury is in Retrograde"? I don't pay much attention to astrology, but my sister swears that when Mercury is in Retrograde, this is when we forget things, make mistakes, etc.

You will love Ireland, I've been three times now, and I fell in love with it. I hope you can enjoy more than you worry very soon.

Daryl said...

Its definitely distracting to think of all there is to do to get going .. may I suggest: make a list ...