Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hammock Time

I was inspired by Sarah of Brit' Gal in the USA to find this old newspaper Blondie comic strip I've had for many years. Thirty years ago I sat in a lawn chair and watched my father, my big strong cool father put up a hammock that my mother wanted. He finished the task and proceeded take it for a test drive. He carefully sat his bottom on the side and was instantly catapulted feet over head and landed on the ground in front of me. I was 7 months pregnant with our first child and I laughed so hard I thought I would have that baby right then and there. If he had been hurt I could not have gotten up to help I was laughing so hard. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen and still is. Daddy still laughs about it. So here is you go...

5 comments:

Char said...

LOL man, that's funny.

Unknown said...

Oh dear I would have been helpless with laughter too Jill, I'm a very bad giggler at inappropriate moments! Great story, glad I may have triggered a happy memory.

Kay said...

This is so funny! I can't remember ever being in a hammock. My son brought one from Kenya but we don't have any trees here on our property to tie it too.

Flea said...

That's hilarious! And so true. I love a hammock, but it always takes some doing to reacquaint myself with them.

Carma Sez said...

Hammocks are complex! Thanks for the laugh and for stoppin' by...
carma :-)