Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, another Mother's Day has passed. I've kind of kept a low key attitude about it this year. This is my 3rd MD without my dear sweet momma. The past few years I've made The Hubby get his mother a card because I didn't want to but this year I braved the card aisle and searched for the perfect one for his mother. At first I didn't even want to read them. I just wanted to find a Plain Jane one and run out of the store (after paying), but I made myself go ahead and read and finally decide on one from both of us. She loved it today. Mission accomplished. The Hubby's middle brother called to get us all together and his usual thing is to pick up KFC which I love so that is what we did. I told him I would open our house but it would be paper plates and plastic utensils. He was totally fine with that. It turned out to be a small affair. His partner was ill and couldn't make it. The older brother and his little lady came as did the mother-in-law and our girl B. Her other half B2 was visiting his family as he lost his mother a few years ago too. All in all it has been a very quiet Mother's Day. Of course I miss the other girl, A as she is in California but she called just as everyone showed up so I got to chat with her.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It's always hard to celebrate Mother's Day once a mother is no longer with us...
I mentioned to my husband earlier, when watching at least twenty car loads of people show up across the street at their mother's home, how I miss those times :(
We have to carry the torch, and know our mum's would be proud !

Anonymous said...

I am sure your mother is looking down on you today....we had KFC too, must be a mothers day thing!

Hope you had a great day!

Char said...

it's my 2nd post mom's death. doesn't get much easier even though you think it would. it helped I was with the babies.

Kay said...

I know I'm lucky to still have my mom with me and I dread the day when she won't be. I'm sorry for your pain at this time, Jill. I'm giving you a little cyber hug.

Flea said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jill. This is actually my 3rd Mother's Day with my mom since I married 17 years ago. We had no relationship till 3 years ago. The loss was awful. I'm glad you had family around you, but sad for your pain. Glad you're loved. :)