Saturday, May 09, 2009

Me and a glass of red wine!

Here it is Saturday evening, about 5:30 in the evening and I'm sitting on Harri's deck finally enjoying the weather and a nice glass of red wine. Harri is reading the latest First magazine and sharing some tidbits she finds interesting from the magazine. It has been an awesome week and awesome weekend so far. First I will have to comment about the Mom's Night Out with fellow bloggers. I was so very excited to meet some of them that I read and who read me. What a thrill to hear from across the room, "Jill of All Trades!" Wow! I feel like an author after this evening, people really do read my words! We shared lots of chatter, laughs and great fun, and a little pizza and drink. This is a lead up to BlogHer and I'm so EXCITED!

Last night we got out of town to have a nice weekend at the cabin. We were invited to Sin & Bare's for an easy meal of chicken fajitas, wine and friends around a roaring campfire. Unfortunately it was Friday night and I was pooped so I was in bed by 10. I took Harri home on the golf cart and sat on the couch to try to unwind a bit for the evening. The Hubby and Jimbo were very close behind. The Hubby was full of wine and food so when he plopped down on the couch he was nodding off pretty quick. I started to dose during the news so off to bed for a good nights rest. I told The Hubby I was heading to bed. He responded that he would be there shortly but I think he didn't hit it until about midnight. Up about seven this AM I was waiting for the dark skies to dissipate so I could sit here on Harri's deck to read some blogs. I have a problem though as I have a virus or bug that pops open my Internet Explorer over and over again. It stops me from reading a bit but I'll win out.

Not too much to write on this today but wanted to say Hey to all my readers and dear, dear friends.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

And hi to you! I'm glad you are having such a nice weekend.

lagirl said...

I think it's GREAT that you live near enough to other bloggers to visit in "real time"!! Great thoughts to entertain yourself with as you sip your wine.

Kay said...

Mmmmm.... sounds very relaxing...

What fun to actually meet fellow bloggers. I enjoyed meeting a blogger at Pikes Place Market in Seattle. I didn't know Chuck Pefley well because he's not somebody I visit much at all but it was fun to have a person behind the blog site.

Have a great Mother's Day, Jill!

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to spend the last couple days!!!

Happy moms day to you Jill!