Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sunshine

It is a little after 8:30 this morning and I'm still sitting in MY chair, in MY room with the little heater warming my feet. I slept in and am enjoying sipping the hot coffee still in my PJ's, well, they are my PJ's that I don't sleep in as I sleep nude. I just put them on to run around the house. Hate pajamas. The sun this morning is just brilliant through my window, almost blinding me. I love it streaming through here and warming my forehead and glaring off of my glasses. I know it is a weird picture but it is what is happening right this moment in my little sanctuary.



Last night The Hubby and B went to their group dance class while I skipped bowling and went to a get together with a bunch of my old Jazzercise friends. Since so many have left the center and moved on we have vowed to stay close and meet every other month for talk, laughter, wine, and togetherness. There were about twenty-five of us with tons of food and chatter. I love these women. Here is another example of something feeding your soul. My painting feeds me, my writing feeds me and friends feed me. Several of them told me how much they missed me and my smile and laughter. That makes me feel awesome inside. That alone will heal my body. (I am healing, truly.)

Yesterday I finally was able to connect with the friend that has been causing me so much unhappiness. I just don't know how the best friend friendship is going to stay alive with only seeing or hearing from each other every few months or so. But, yesterday was nice. True it was an hour eeked out of her busy schedule but that was okay and I enjoyed our lunch and chat and I finally was able to give her Christmas presents to her...yeah I know. Funny, she forgot mine. Oh well. Won't let that bother me after a wonderful night as last night.

I'm hiding here in my room as the trash truck whines by and the workers in the entry bath are sawing and hammering and chatting about the job. I will have to sneak through the hall in a minute to hit the shower but right now I'm enjoying the sunshine making me squint this morning. Awww, spring is just around the corner.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT picture and what a WONDERFUL way to start the morning!

Char said...

enjoy the comfy morning. I can relate to the not seeing besties for a while as mine are scattered in several cities now. We work it out and when we see each other it is like time has never passed. Thank goodness for facebook and e-mails to keep up with each other.

Anonymous said...

That's not a weird picture, that's GORGEOUS!

Red from Ktown said...

I wish my friends fed me right now. I'm hungry. I just got done reading a 'pancake blog' from another blog I follow, and now I'm starving.

Pretty picture...Reminds me of one of my picture dictionary blogs and the word was "Ethereal".

Nice.

Unknown said...

the picture is divine- like waking up after a coma- or soul release of something.
regarding PJ's- i too sleep naked but have a pair on the end of the bed for running aroudn the nest !

A Brit in Tennessee said...

A lovely cozy picture, reflecting on life....
I love days where I can "hang out" in my nightdress, slippers, and robe, and I'm getting to love it more these days it seems.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great picture, great post.
Your picture today and my picture today are pretty similar although yours was taken inside in the morning and mine was taken outdoors in the evening.