Monday, February 09, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain

It's raining. The wind is blowing like nobodies business and now the rain is hitting the window. We need rain but not necessarily the wind. It's almost 7 am and I've been up since 5. I've read the paper, had my protein bar, a cup of coffee and read a few blogs in my blogroll. I guess I had better get on the stick and hit the shower for work. This weekend I got nothing accomplished as far as writing or drawing. I was supposed to work on a drawing of the painting I'm going to paint on Tuesday but just didn't do it. The only thing I got done this weekend was reading a few chapters in one of the books I'm into. I spent most of my time with my CC girl friends. It was a really nice time. I'm enjoying the girl stuff, the laughter, the wine and the companionship. (Having a hot flash here...wait while I turn the ceiling fan on......................Whew...that does it.)

I'm up this morning but that is about all I can muster today is that I'm up. I was going to go to Jazzercise but I'm still feeling the effects of the upper respiratory stuff. You would think that I would be better but it wants to try to get stuck in my chest in the AM. I'm also not sure if the MRSA is trying to yet again take hold in my armpit again. I have been avoiding shaving for over a month now because of my fear in that area but last week I broke down and couldn't stand it anymore. Well, now I've been fighting the little pimply things that plague me there that can turn. I have a knot but not sure if that is it or the bad shaver thing. It is messing with my mind. I've ramped up my multi-vitamin, Vitamin-C, probiotics intake to try to get really healthy. I have to go into the spring well. I'm seriously debating on whether to quit Jazzercise or not. I just don't enjoy it as well with the new center and people. I miss my friends. I may join where The Hubby goes but he HAS to keep his mouth and opinions to himself if I do that. Just don't know. I think on it.

Bro called last night to make sure I heard about Daddy's news that he needs a hip replacement. He wants to make sure one of us goes to the next doctor visit to hear all that is going on. Our sweet Daddy tends to hear only what he wants to hear and then he embellishes it to make it sound good. He gets stuff totally wrong all the time. I told Bro I was not sure I was ready to do the "hip" thing again because it brought up all the stuff about Momma and her hip ordeal. Just makes me a little edgy about it. We'll get through though as we three "kids" work well together when it comes to this kind of stuff.

It is time I hit the shower and head to the office now. Gotta get on with the day!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Good luck with the medical decisions and the hip replacement. It is tough to take care of our parents, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Stay dry today....I will be keeping your daddy in my thoughts and prayers...

Char said...

hope it's better soon - I'm struggling breathing today too.

happy thoughts

Anonymous said...

I have a question...would a wax help with underarm thing...instead of shaving? Just a thought.

Thinking about you this week with your big decisions.

Jill of All Trades said...

I've thought about that K...have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what MRSA is but my sister recently had a problem with her armpit - the doc called it an infection with cellulitis or something? It was gross.