Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Painting update and more

Yesterday was a horrible day emotionally for me after the Daddy and hip thing. Today I'm feeling much better. I made The Hubby take me out to dinner last night to suck down two cosmos and that definitely made me a bit happier and helped me sleep. In fact I missed the last 10 minutes of True Beauty where they announced "THE WINNER". I had to get up this morning and watch the tail end on the DVR.

This morning I hit the ground running. The carpenter was here as I was attempting to leave so I had to chit-chat about the bath remodel and decide on a few things. The floor guys were here also to put the first coat of stain on the floor.


I finally got on the road and went to the wallpaper place to put in the order of the lovely paper I chose. In the car again I whizzed down to Broken Arrow to see Daddy and make his appointment for the surgery. I wanted to do it with him around just in case there were questions I couldn't answer. Well, that was a wasted trip as the lady that does that was out of the office till Monday and another lady would have to call me back, today! So, kiss-kiss Daddy's cheek and I was off again. Mind you it was only 9 am and I had done a bunch already this morning. I arrived at the office opened three days of mail because I was gone Friday and Monday. I wasn't supposed to work today but B has the "plague" from both ends and I told her STAY AWAY FROM ME!!! A little work, open some bills, and make a deposit, a quick Lean Cuisine lunch, more work and then off to my painting class. I was not about to let that slip by. It is a nice release for me. This is today's progress picture but you see the others here...

DAMMIT...I already wrote this part but the stupid blogger didn't save it so here we go again....I don't need this, and it was good too. ARGHHHHHH!!!

Bottom line is Daddy's surgery is going to be June 8th. It was the earliest I could get. The problem is that I won't be in the country. The Hubby and I will be in Ireland. We've had it booked and paid for nine months. My brother and sister can handle it and he will be okay!!! (This is not what I originally wrote as it was funny but I have a headache and don't feel like trying to get it out of the saved file in my brain.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you missed TRUE BEAUTY?!?! LOL...I can believe anyone other than me watches / watched that show....glad everything is set up for your dads surgery....your brother can handle it....thats the ONE thing I have learned....other family members can help out....I of course am a control freak...

Unknown said...

thats was CANT believe yiyiyiyi

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice job on the painting! The sill is looking rather nice with the reflectiveness you added. I also love the background in the window. Very nice.
I was just thinking today that with all this touring stuff that's coming up I will probably only get to visit OK in like June. Well, looks like a neiner as you will be in Ireland! I'll figure something out.
Papa will be fine. He's a fighter and is in really good health. We just gotta work on that man's mood. He'll be ok.

Char said...

I was so happy Julia won!!! she was truly the only nice person throughout the shot.

Ireland? I'm totally jealous

Debbie said...

I'm glad the surgery is scheduled. I hope everything will go great!

Red from Ktown said...

The stain looks great...painting too.

I'm sure your dad will understand you having a fun time in Ireland. Kids need vacas too!

I even might have the opportunity to go with my sister next year.