Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day

Last night at dinner I told The Hubby that he didn't have to buy me a V-day card. He was little confused and stopped chewing for a brief second to ask why. I said that we just had an anniversary with cards (no flowers?) and that we were just getting carded out. I know he loves me and he knows I love him. The cards just keep piling up and I feel bad if I throw them out, but after 33 years my keep pile is getting rather out of hand. Just take me out to dinner. Keep doing your own laundry and ironing and the dishes once in awhile. Once many years ago when my mother called she asked him what he was doing and he replied, "Fourplay! I'm doing the dishes." My mother thought that was just hysterical but you know something, it is very, very true for me. I love it that he is a part of the household and does his part. It was not always like that but I just quit doing a lot of stuff. I quit doing his laundry and ironing because it was not up to his standards I just quit. I did not marry the man of my dreams to be his sex slave or housekeeper! It is a partnership in every sense of the word. Besides I was working at the office and going to school and raising the kiddos while he worked seven days a week, 10-12 hours a day, it needed to be a partnership. Being nice to one another, a touch or a look is all I need for Valentine's Day.

On another note. I am again having another bout of the MRSA virus though not a bad one. I'm hoping that my taking the probiotics, Vitamin C, multi-vitamins, and eating well, rest and exercise that my body will fight this one off successfully without going on yet another round of antibiotics. I just can't do that again. I knew this cold might bring a relapse and I was right. My body is just trying to fight a lot of stuff off. First the cold, then the stupid hit to my lip thing which left me a gigantic mouth ouchy, my body is going to have to gear up to heal itself. Seems to be doing good this time around though. My mouth is healing and the cold thing is better everyday. I'm very tired of being on the wrong side of well lately. It plays with my mind a lot and gets me depressed pretty quick. Last week I mentioned that I was not going to see the therapist for a few months then the very next day the MRSA hit and a few phone calls from a sick kiddo in California and my head took a nose dive. It is amazing how the mind can play such a huge role in your physical health but it does. I've taken some steps on the road to my mental health getting better but I'm hitting some speed bumps trying to get there. I want to write, I want to paint but I need to find the time WITHOUT interruption. I need more than a day here and a day there. I need several days in a row. I have tried to stay home for a couple of days but The Hubby seems to find me. I think I need to run away (temporarily) for a few days. I am going to try and make that happen. Hey, when is spring break. Maybe I can do that at the office if B is not teaching. Maybe I can run to the cabin and just hide for several days in a row. I'll work on that plan.

8 comments:

Daryl said...

Oh Jill, I am sorry about the MRSA flare up and yes yes yes stress is something that triggers all sorts of stuff .. for me its hives and itchy skin .. took me a long time and many doctor visits to figure out it was stress

AND I love your take on Valentine's Day ...

Thanks for the visit and the nice comment!

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you get better soon MRSA is no fun....

I LOL@the foreplay comment to cute and what a sweet wonderful hubby you have...33yrs wow I hope to make that number!

Nicole Nascenzi said...

Hope you are on the road to a quick recovery!

Char said...

sorry about the flare up of the MSRA - I hope it's better very soon. and you're right - the little things mean so much more than cards.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the MRSA flare and hope it gets better soon. I understand about the cards, we are 8 yrs into our realtionship and I can't imagine 33!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the card thing. We're doing a low key thing as well.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hopefully things will be better soon!

Unknown said...

msra ?
what is that exactly ?
sounds awful......
your life sounds hectic and i understand you craving some 'me' time- its so important.
I found you through kathryn xx

Kay said...

I'm so sorry you're getting hit with MRSA again.

About the Valentines, Birthdays, etc. cards... we've given up on giving them to each other a long time ago. I agree that him cooking and cleaning and doing all kinds of stuff around the house is lots sexier than anything else.