Sunday, September 09, 2012

Book Club...

Recently I started a book club.  We've had exactly one meeting and this week will be number two.  Our first book was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  It has been on best seller lists everywhere and it was one of a few books that we had NOT read.  This group of ladies seem to be very well read so finding one we had NOT read was a challenge.  It is a good thing.  This very first meeting, since we did not have a specific book to read, I decided to discuss Fifty Shades of Grey.  You need not have read that book to have an opinion, and opinions we had.  It was a great discussion group and got the ladies interacting when most of them did not know each other.  I have grouped a few ladies that are my friends but are not acquainted with each other, until now.  It's exciting and I'm hopeful we will continue for a very long time.

Back to Fifty...I have read the first two books in the series and have stumbled through the first third of the third book.  I have stopped, finally.  I am DONE!  They are not worth my time to read them, even for a discussion group.  I know, I know I am beating a dead horse here and this is my final say!


1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Good luck with your group. It sounds like it is off to a great start. My wife's book group has been meeting for about 20 years.