Saturday, July 21, 2007

To St. Louis and Back

Thursday afternoon The Hubby and I took off for St. Louis, Missouri for a business seminar. We left on Thursday because we had to be at the first meeting at 7:30 am Friday morning. We signed up for this seminar because we are toying with the idea of taking our business to a different kind of service business, actually back to how we started it. I was a little apprehensive about all of this and so went into the first meeting a little edgy but with an open mind. We listened for two whole days as a real gung-ho guy talked and talked and talked. Truth be told if he would have been holding a Bible in his hand I would have sworn I was at a revival meeting. But it was definitely not that kind of subject (thank goodness).

For awhile now I have been blogging about my boredom with work and The Hubby has been telling me how bored he is with it too. He is also finding it hard to get up the enthusiasm to continue everyday. He is burned out and so am I. We know we have to continue because it is our bread and butter and it has done quite well for us but to maintain the level we are at is a bitch and to add exhausting too. There are many times we have to work the weekends and evenings to get billing done and that leaves us just dead. We are tired and this new idea of flat rate pricing for us is intriguing. If it is set up right you can leave your people to run the business and you can take time off. Right now we are at taking separate vacations because we can't be gone too long together without the whole thing cratering. We just can't continue for another 10 or 15 years like this. It has been 28 years already and we are just about done.

So the 6 hour drive back home yesterday was almost constant talking about changing our future and the more I think about it I'm in for it. I'm ready. I'm ready to take the next step in our lives.

No comments: