Saturday, July 07, 2007

Finally

I finally found a picture for my profile that I kind of like. The other one I was stuffing my face with sushi for my 51st birthday at In The Raw. Yummy, but it was a terrible picture. Anyway, this weekend we stayed in town, or least part of the weekend to attend the 1st birthday of a little girl named Abigail. She is the granddaughter of one of my/our best friends, Gail, that passed away one year ago March. It should be a quick little party and then we will be off to the lake to see how the water rises. We got a call Friday that there was over 2' of water in the wigwam (community house) and can't wait to check it out and hopefully have pictures. All this water though has another BIG downside, snakes. Yup, the copperheads and water moccasions are on the move to dryer ground and that means with us humans that are quite vunerable. Last Saturday night in the meadow there was a family shooting off fireworks and their college age daughter was bit by a copperhead. YIKES!!!! I DO NOT LIKE THAT! My greatgrandmother was bit twice on the ankle when she stepped out her back door when I was a child. Very scary stuff. Can't wait till fall and winter when they go back in their little holes and leave us humans ALONE!

No comments: