Friday, September 28, 2007

Rings and things

This week, as I have stated on Monday, has been very eventful for #1 girl and The Guy. The ring he presented to her was his mother's and they planned on getting another since the whole thing was symbolic anyway (she hates gold). Well, I had a major brainstorm this week. When my mother passed away Sis scarfed up her rings and Granny's rings and scavenged the diamonds out of the mountings and then handed the mountings over to me to have. I know it sounds crappy but I knew she was getting the rings, or should I say diamonds so I'm okay with it (maybe). Anyway, I remembered that I had Granny's platinum mounting, which was very old and perfect for the criteria #1 had in mind for a ring. I showed it to #1 and offered for her to have it. She was absolutely thrilled, especially since she, of the five grandkids was closet to her "Great" Granny. She and The Guy went out and looked for a stone to put in it. Since she does not like diamonds they found a synthetic emerald for it and will pick it up on Tuesday. It makes me feel really good for them.

Tomorrow we are hosting the family dinner for The Hubby's mother's 80th birthday. I'm having 14 over for spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and homemade peach cobbler and apple pie. It was all by request of the MIL and I was happy to oblige. I'm actually only making the spaghetti (pasta), salad and pies, the BIL is making the bread and spaghetti meat sauce. It's funny, my house is messy but I don't seem to be in a rush to pick up. I know it's clean just a little messy. It won't take long to pick up and since The Hubby will gone most of the day at the office. He won't be under my feet to get in the way. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep in anyway so probably will be up and get most of it done by 8 or 9 and then off to Sam's Club with #1 to get fresh flowers and maybe a little cake to put a candle on.

We're not going to go to the cabin for a couple of weeks and I'm going to be in absolute withdrawal. This weekend is the MIL party. Next weekend is a surprise 50th for one of my friends and something else I can't seem to remember (have to find that calendar). Then the next weekend is a girls weekend with some of my Jazzercise girls at the cabin....YEAH!!! Then we will have a free weekend there and then we will be off to Paris, Normandy and London for 11 days. I'm a little nervous as I have never been out of the country but I'm up for it.

Oh, and on the organization of my room (remember the pictures I posted), well it's still a pit just moved stuff around enough to walk through. I don't know if I'm ever going to get it together in there. I know it makes The Hubby crazy, Mr. Clean and all, but it is my room and I will take my sweet time if I want to. Humph!

No comments: