Saturday, September 29, 2007

Getting Ready

I woke up this morning as usual at 4:45 am...Dammit, and it wasn't the alarm that woke me. I guess getting up that early for 10 years is habit. I rolled over and tried to sleep a little longer and wished I hadn't. I slept till about 6:15 and was awakened but a NIGHTMARE. I won't go into it but it was absolutely horrible.

I went ahead and got up. I traipsed out to find the newspaper and then back in to fix my coffee. I read the news and then attempted the crossword and Sudoku. I failed miserably at the crossword but was successful with the Sudoku. I knew I had to get going with clean up of the kitchen and set my table for 13...wait a minute...maybe 14. Do you count a 3 year old for a place setting. I don't think I can squeeze another one in but I might ought to try, I guess. ARGHHHH!!! I decided to pull out my very large dining table and then put the game table at the end so we can all eat together, since we are having spaghetti for the MIL. It should be great fun but I'm already tired and it's only 9 am. I have to shower and then go to Sam's Club for flowers for the table. Here's a picture of the table so far...


On another note...I'm not looking forward to the little 3 year old great nephew coming over. He's all over the place and the parents don't disipline very well. Last time I hollered at him when he proceeded to shake my canary cage and parakeet cage sending feathers flying and birds into a state of shock. (I don't think I'm very ready for grandkids and thank goodness there are none on the way.)

No comments: