Sunday, September 02, 2007

A Glorious Weekend

What A glorious weekend this is. The weather has been beautiful. I spent the whole day yesterday floating in my hammock under a crystal blue sky. The air was perfect, with a tiny breeze that allowed me to doze and read in my green and white checkered swing. Once while I dozed, my book laying in my lap, I was aroused by a low hum above my stomach where my book lay. I had taken the dust jacket off and so exposed the red binding. The low hum just above the book was tiny beautiful hummingbird checking out the red. When I opened my eyes he took off in a split second. Wow, what an incredible sight. My day was often marred during the drifting in and out of sleep by the incessant barking of dogs and people screaming at the barking dogs. That is the one downfall of our little slice of heaven at the lake is is the holiday weekends brings out everyone and their dogs and dogs there are aplenty. Still it was quite perfect.

I finished the Paula Deen biography and really enjoyed it and this morning I started one called Salt Dancers by Ursula Hegi. Wow, I think I will finish it today, maybe. It is about a 41 year old woman, pregnant, single going home to confront her father about her childhood. I will leave it at that cause I think it should be read. I believe it would be a good book club read (hint). It is written going back and forth between the present and the past but Hegi does it quite nicely and the read is written poetically for a nice read.

We had to come back from the lake and my hammock today for a wedding at 7 tonight. I wouldn't bother but it is a friend of #1's from church and we've known April since she was about 7 years old. And, the officiant is their old youth minister, Ginger, who now lives in Washington D.C. with her husband. I can't wait to see them as we just love them to death. It should be a grand time.

Tuesday will begin with #1 daughter starting work for us and I'm very excited as it will eventually give me some time off. YEAH!!! Also, The Hubby has offered her guy a job to learn a trade and possibly, if they get hitched, they can take over the business, but we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: