Monday, January 18, 2021

Weekend Fun

We scooted off to the cabin this weekend for a bit of R&R.  It was cold and dreary but our fireplace helped take the chill out of the air.  The Hubby always turns the heat down when we leave to 50 so it took a bit to warm up but once we got the fire going I was happy.  Notice the skull!  I bought it on Amazon at Halloween thinking it would burn but realized, after hefting the thing in the front door that it was a concrete skull.  It's kind of cool to see it in the back of the fire.  

We haven't seen our cabinite friends for a bit because it's been too cold to do golf-cart-meadow-day-drinking but this weekend we did see some as the majority of us have had the vaccine, or first part of it.  I'm not too worried about them as they are all at least 68 or OLDER and don't go anywhere at all and in fact some live at the cabin world never leaving their corner of the world.  It was nice to chat at safe distances and share the fire and a cocktail.  

The Hubby and I spent most of Saturday doing nothing but be quiet and read with Clayton snuggled between us on the couch.  I finished a book and started another, napped and journaled.  It was a wonderful weekend.  

Back to it this week with a teeth cleaning first thing this morning and with nothing to do at the office I'm taking advantage and FINALLY getting back to my easel.  I've only been able to be in the studio twice in the past couple of months and I hate that.  To be a good artist you HAVE to paint every day.  Practice makes perfect, much like learning piano or any kind of instrument.  My instrument is a paintbrush and I am lacking in my practice lately.  I'm hoping life can slow down a bit so I can really churn out some art, in particular the self portrait project that seems to have stalled.  I have a history of procrastination and not finishing projects and I DO NOT want this to be one of those.  But when you are working in another business, a self employed business it tends to get in the way.  Plus I was wrapping up Daddy's stuff and that took precedence.  

I'm ready for my life to get back to rolling onward, for spring to come, more time at the cabin, more time at my easel...



 

No comments: