Monday, January 11, 2021

Closet Rehab

What can I say, these two are the absolute air I breathe.  This weekend my other two breaths of life came over and helped to clean out the "Christmas closet."  It needed to be cleaned out so that Christmas could go back in the there.  Small spaces with doors, any kind of drawer, boxes or baskets, especially Longaberger baskets are havens for me to stuff crap away, hidden until totally forgotten.  The more space I have to hide stuff, I will hide it.  We have lived in this house now for nearly 15 years, and before, every house we have owned, we have stayed a total of 10 years each.  That means that every 10 years I am forced to purge and I have not had that happen with this house, so closet cleanouts are now an absolute must.  It's not too bad, just a couple of closets and LORDY, my pantry is awful.  Which is why it gets organizational treatment a few times a year.  
Snicklefritz was such a help with the dismantling of Christmas.  The mommas tackled the closet and she and I took down Christmas and stowed away in boxes until next year.  The girls unearthed a huge collection of albums and I sent them home with the oldest since they are the only ones that have a turntable anymore.  There is no sense of them gathering dust, they need to be listened too.  The closet also had a ton of games, never played that will go into the "games" closet in the other bedroom, which will be tackled next.  Also, in abundance was my collection of Longaberger Baskets.  At one time I thought they would be a legacy, college fund for the girls but the value in the things is absolutely NIL and there is no reason I have them anymore.  Oh, I have many that I use throughout the house and I will continue with that, I love them, but the majority will go into the spring garage sale.  I did keep a select few that I will use as gift baskets for friends birthdays or Christmas next year.  I will fill them specifically with special stuff for each person and give them away.  The girls took some they might use, and finally, some of the larger ones I'm taking to the cabin for use.  What I ended up with at the end of the day was a usable cleaned out closet for Christmas and a section/shelf for wrapping and gifts.  I will put a card table in there and already ordered a nice step stool with a seat for the area.  It's a large closet, could almost put a bed in there.  

The evening ended with the oldest heading home with her haul of albums and leaving Snicklefritz to spend the night (I love to have her over.)  The youngest went for Thai food and to pick up her hubby while we got to play with Min.  It was a wonderful evening, it was a magnificent day and I was absolutely exhausted.  Oh on a side note little Min walked up to Clayton (who is much better) and pointed to his eye and then her eye and said, "EYES!"  Good grief words are now going to start falling out of her mouth.  Oh she babbles and you occasionally catch what you think is a form of a word but that one was plain as day.  I LOVE IT! 

 

No comments: