Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Clayton Update and NY's Resolutions?

Life with this poor guy is getting better, thank goodness.  I was able to send a video of him to our vet yesterday and this morning will go in and pick up some more meds for him and see what the vet thought.  I don't know if there is anything we can do or do I need to bring him in for an exam, or maybe some laser treatment.  I'm very afraid he has another kind of cancer possibly in his neck/throat area.  Why I question this is that our whining-barking dog has ceased whining or barking.  He occasionally does it but before these recent episodes it was constant, bark to get up on the couch, bark to get down, bark to go outside, bark to go inside, bark to beg for food...now, crickets mostly.  I do know the area where he is most in pain when it happens is the neck-shoulder area.  Poor guy.  Of course when he's good and better he's real good.  Sunday evening it was steak night and he was begging for a bite and barking for his after dinner treat, running, yes RUNNING to the laundry room where treats are.  It's like nothing is wrong with him all of a sudden.  Yesterday I was giving him his pill in cheese and I thought he was awake but clearly he wasn't all the way awake and he snapped, HARD on my thumb.  Then he yelped and had a spasm.  It's all very confounding what is going on with him, hence the video to the vet.  I need more video.

Yesterday I finally went back to working out.  We (Af and myself) tried it in November with her trainer but that was short as the trainer was possibly exposed to Covid so we all went into quarantine until negative tests were had.  Now the new year has begun and it's back to what I know I must do.  My body is KILLING me and I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month!  It is painful and because I have the issues with my knees, hips and being so overweight, it will be a long process.  I have to push through.  I also decided to give the damn NOOM app another try.  Last time I paid for it and good grief the text messages and emails NAGGING me set my teeth on edge.  I have enough of that with The Hubby and my own conscience going on.  This time I'm just using the free version to log my food, watch what goes in my mouth and My Fitness Pal with the trainer.  I know I can do this.  Yesterday when we were done with workout I went home to have lunch because I KNOW that fast food is a weakness for me and I'm trying to avoid.  During workout I remembered I had a frozen pack of quinoa with chopped veggies in the freezer.  I decided to over-easy a couple of eggs and top the quinoa and let the ooey-gooey drizzle over the quinoa.  OMG, so very yummy and satisfying.  I will do it again today and tonight will be salmon and chard for dinner.  Last night was roasted chicken breasts and broccoli with a 1/2 cup of dressing.  It's going to have to be a meal at a time.  Tomorrow night I will have pot roast, onions, carrots and maybe a small potato.  
It's all about planning the stuff.  Typically on Thursday nights we have some sort of takeout, high end food.  We might do Saffron, Mediterranean Cuisine.  They have a chicken dish with a saffron rice that I cannot get enough of.  Of course I will then have to think of Friday and Saturday night.  OMG, meal planning is getting old but I've done it for a few years now, nearly 45 for that matter.   

No comments: