Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas



Merry Christmas to all the bloggy world.  We've been snowed in with family safely in their own homes this Christmas.  It is kind of sad that my table is set, the tree is full to bursting with presents and my fridge is stuffed with food to share.  I am glad that our family is safe but it is a bit lonely here with just The Hubby, Clayton and myself, the usual.  I actually spent hours, I said hours, painting yesterday and last night, which is good.  Poor little Clayton doesn't know what to think about all the snow.  When The Hubby took him out this morning he was confused and managed to run out to the back of the yard, behind the bushes and make yellow snow.  After The Hubby fed him he started doing a little dance and running around so The Hubby took him out again.  He managed to do the other part of his job right outside the back door.

  He just couldn't make himself go out any further.  That was fine, as long as it was outside.  Right now he's all curled up on my foot stool around my feet trying to stay warm.  The Hubby and I went to bed the usual time last night so it was not unlike any other night.  We only have one present for each other under the tree so we are just savoring it.  My family is supposed to be here for lunch but I really don't see that happening and I don't want them on the roads really.  B&B2 didn't go to his family out of town and were going to try to come over here last night but the locks on their car doors were frozen.  I guess we will enjoy a huge ham and potatoes and lots of sweets by ourselves.  I told The Hubby's family we might try to get together tonight but not even sure that is going to happen.  Hopefully the sun will make the roads a bit better today.  This is out the front door.

1 comment:

Janie B said...

I hope you can all get together soon. It will still feel like Christmas when you do.