Friday, December 11, 2009

Blah, blah, blah

I have been very blah in my thought processes as of late.  Just can't think of much to write about.  Actually that sometimes means that I'm happy.  That I don't have a gripe, that I'm content with my life.  It can also mean I'm just too busy to put anything down in writing.  I think it is a little of all of the above.  The work at Daddy's is slowing down a bit as I want to focus on Christmas, work and my painting.  My last painting class for the session is next Tuesday and I'm a bit sad by that but I know it will start up again in January.  I've got the one painting started of fishing Daddy in class and at home I've begun a few too that should keep me busy for the interim of time.  I need to find a day for baking next week, fruitcake to be exact.  Also, I have got to finish Christmas shopping and start wrapping to make sure I have not forgotten anyone.  Since A is not going to be here for Christmas I also need to get hers in the mail so that she has something under the tree from us on Christmas day (and to Daddy too).  We are also hosting The Hubby's family for Christmas eve and I need to plan the food stuff for that one too.  Plus, The Hubby wants to do the company party next Friday.  Thank goodness he is okay with catering.  A lot to do this time of year.  Last week was the wedding and then we attended the new mayor's cocktail reception.  This week will be our banks Christmas party along with a party on Saturday night.  Last night we were invited to the neighbors for cocktails about 5:30.  Another couple from across the street came and joined in and the cocktail event finally ended about 8:30.  Whew, dinner was three glasses of wine, cheese, crackers and grapes.  It was great fun. 

We also have begun a little remodel of the front of the house and yard.  After the ice storm a couple of years ago we lost one of our river birches and the other one is dying, and with the lack of shade the azaleas are dying.  So we have been getting bids for the entire front landscape do.  The first step has been that we had the front porch posts changed to look like what we have inside the house, kind of rustic instead of early American kind of stuff.  Those are done and now we will begin the remake.  Then we have started up the idea of the master bathroom remodel/add-on again.  New designs with the architect and new bids as the first ones were off the chart.  So you see I have nothing going on in my life...just a lot of blah, blah, blah....

1 comment:

Char said...

it sounds very good and busy for you - and I think that's a good thing for this time of year.

hope you have a beautiful christmas - full of peace and love for the upcoming year.