Monday, December 14, 2009

Jaw dropping documentary

I just watched a BBC documentary on the devasting problems of inbreeding of dogs for purebred animals.  It is an hour long watch that I could not stop watching.  I have always thought that the inbreeding of the poor dogs was apalling and after watching this video I am even more apalled.  I was intrigued by the film mainly because one of my very dear friends has a sweet King Charles Spaniel that has a scratching problem, not that she has the issue of syringomyelia that was discussed heavily in this documentary, but it did make me sit up and take notice.  If you have an hour to watch this, please do.  I love mutts, don't you. 

2 comments:

RONW said...

but you're doing your part posting about the issue, and every bit and byte counts. In general, blogging is all about extolling about happy land day in day out.

Kay said...

We call mutts, Poi Dogs. I've never figured out why. I think mutts are hybrids. I love them.